The procedure for making a complaint is as follows:
1. The complaint
A complaint must be submitted to the C&AB in writing, both by post (preferably registered post) and by e-mail, using the following addresses:
Complaints and Appeals Board
Attn. of the Secretariat
6800 VR Arnhem
2. Required information
The complaint documentation must include the following:
- The domain name to which the complaint relates and the associated contact details, as recorded in the Domain Name Register (You can get this information by looking up the domain name in SIDN’s Whois, with the ‘Extended search’ box ticked.)
- The name and contact details (including postal address) of the complainant
- A statement indicating whether the complainant wishes to appear in person before the C&AB
- The basis of the complaint
- Any other relevant documentation that the complainant considers to support the complaint
3. The fee
Before a complaint can be dealt with, the fee specified in the current Schedule of Complaint and Appeal Fees (€ 50 at present) must be paid to SIDN. SIDN’s bank details are as follows:
Account 126.96.36.1996 (Rabobank), SIDN, Arnhem, The Netherlands
If your complaint is withdrawn before being considered by the Complaints and Appeals Board, an administration charge equal to half of the complaint fee referred to above will be payable to SIDN. If the Complaints and Appeals Board upholds your complaint, the complaint fee will be refunded in full within fourteen days of the C&AB’s decision.
4. Progress updates
The secretary to the Complaints and Appeals Board will contact you concerning the date that your complaint will be considered, when you may appear before the Board and any other matters relevant to your complaint.
5. The decision
The secretary will also inform you of the Complaints and Appeals Board’s decision. It isn’t possible for SIDN, you or the registrant to appeal against the C&AB’s decision. However, there is nothing to stop you or the registrant referring the matter to a Dutch court of law.
No legal rights may be derived from the information presented above. For details of your legal rights, please refer to the applicable formal publications: